2021-2022 Back to School Guidance
1. Masking is required in schools for all individuals until the end of the school day Friday, September 24, 2021.
2. Masking is required for passengers and drivers on school buses.
3. Vaccinations are encouraged for teachers and students over the age of 12.
4. We ask parents to monitor flu and COVID symptoms prior to sending children to school. In the event that your child exhibits COVID or similar symptoms, do not send your child to school. The school will work with you regarding any necessary absences that may occur due to illness.
5. All students and staff who have symptoms of COVID should remain at home and be referred to their healthcare provider for testing and care.
6. Individuals who test positive or are diagnosed with COVID will quarantine for 10 days in accordance with ADPH.
7. Students who are in a household with a person who has tested positive for COVID should remain at home for 10 days after their last day of exposure to a positive case. If the student is able to stay with other family members OR continuously stay 6 ft. from the positive family member, please call your school nurse for guidance. Additionally, please follow any isolation procedures as directed by your healthcare provider.
8. Please contact your school nurse or principal to make them aware of a COVID diagnosis.
9. Schools will report diagnosed cases of COVID to ADPH.
10. According to the ALSDE, contact tracing is a function of the ADPH. Attalla City Schools will cooperate in the event the ADPH requests support in providing contact tracing for a confirmed case of COVID.
11. All individuals should practice frequent hand washing and respiratory etiquette. Finally, please recognize and remember that COVID remains a threat outside of the school setting. Vaccinations, facial coverings, social distancing, and hygiene are the best tools to combat this pandemic in all areas of our society. Attalla City Schools will continue to monitor and provide updated information as needed. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
Attalla City Schools will use the staggered entry approach again this year. Students with last names starting with A through K will attend school on Thursday, August 12, 2021. Students with last names starting with L through Z will attend school on Friday, August 13, 2021. All students will report to campus on Monday, August 16, 2021.
Registration links will be available beginning Wednesday, July 21, 2021.
Attalla City Schools utilizes PowerSchool, an online system for registering and updating student information. This solution eliminates the need to complete paper packets and creates an efficient means for updating information year after year. All students, returning and new, will need to register online. Please click the correct image below for instructions and registration links.
If you do not have access to a computer or mobile device (smart phone, tablet, etc) to complete online registration, please contact the school where your student will be enrolled next year.
Click here to watch a helpful video on how to register using Snapcodes.
School Lunch Forms
Please complete your lunch form online. It is necessary for every student to have a completed lunch form. Your responses are required for our schools to receive additional funding for school supplies, additional teachers, more technology, and building upgrades.