New Student Enrollment
New Student Registration for Upcoming School Year 2022-2023NEW STUDENTS
Question 1: Who needs to enroll?
- Students who will be attending an Attalla City School for the first time
- Students new to the district (recently moved into the district or previously attended a private school or home-school)
Question 2: What if I need to enroll multiple students?
- A New Student Registration form must be submitted for each student in your family. Once you have successfully submitted one New Student Registration, you will have the opportunity to begin another from the confirmation page. Simply listing the siblings in the siblings section does not register them.
Question 3: What do I need to provide?
- Withdrawal Forms From Previous School
- Proof of Custody When Warranted (See definition below)
- Student’s Valid Social Security Card (optional)
- Age Verification (Please refer to the ECS Student Enrollment Reference Guide)
- Original Blue Immunization Form (Must be up-to- date)
- Proof of Residency – Must provide two (2) of the following And Photo ID: Copy of lease or mortgage agreement, Copy of current utility bill in a parent’s/guardian’s name (power, gas, water, telephone, etc.), Property Tax Notice, Voters Registration Card
- Photo ID -- This may include a driver’s license, a state identification card, a passport, or other official photo identification, such as an ID card obtained through an official government agency or consulate. *If the current utility bills are not in the parent or guardian’s name, an ”Affidavit of Residence” must be completed and notarized to verify that the student resides in the enrolling district before student can be enrolled (form provided by school office upon request)
If false information is provided by the student, parent or guardian, in order to ensure enrollment of a non-resident or out of zone student, the principal may immediately withdraw the student upon discovery of the false information.
LEGAL CUSTODY DEFINITION Only the parent of record, legal guardian or parent with court approved custody shall be recognized and considered to be the legally authorized person in any school related matters pertaining to an individual student. The school system will afford a natural parent(s) of record the right that the Family Education Right and Privacy Act of 1974 affords him/her unless the court or a responsible party has provided the school system with a legal binding document that specifically revokes or extinguishes the parent(s)’ of record right to have knowledge of and participate in the child’s schooling. We do not accept custody papers that have ONLY been notarized. When the parent of record enrolls a student in school,the principal should be notified of any completed or pending legal action affecting the family and of any previous placement or expulsion at any school. The principal should be given a copy of the most recent court order creating or limiting the rights of the non-custodial parent(s) of record. Should neither parent(s) of record file a court order with the school, the school presumes that the person who enrolls the child in school is the custodial parent and that there are no restrictions on the other parent’s rights.the school presumes that the person who enrolls the child in school is the custodial parent and that there are no restrictions on the other parent’s rights.the school presumes that the person who enrolls the child in school is the custodial parent and that there are no restrictions on the other parent’s rights.